Customer Service Policy (Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities)
The mission of Alliance Pharmacy Group Inc. (APG) is to provide an accessible work environment for all staff, customers, and visitors. Our company does not discriminate and welcomes people with disabilities. As such, we require all employees to be familiar with APG's Accessible Standards Customer Service policy respecting the provisions of goods and services to people with disabilities.
Our commitment in fulfilling our mission is to strive at all times to provide our goods and services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. We are also committed to giving people with disabilities the same opportunity to access our goods and services and allowing them to benefit from the same services, in the same place and in a similar way as other customers.
Providing goods and services to people with disabilities
Alliance Pharmacy Group Inc. is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities and we will carry out our functions and responsibilities in the following areas:
- We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
- We will train staff who communicate with customers on how to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- We will provide our publications in alternative formats, upon request, in a timely manner, dependent upon document specifications (e.g. length of document, format required).
- We are committed to providing full accessible telephone service to our customers. We will train staff to communicate with customers over the telephone in clear and plain language and to speak clearly and slowly. We will offer to communicate with customers by e-mail or fax if telephone communication is not suitable to their communication needs or is not available.
- We are committed to serving people with disabilities who use assistive devices to obtain, use or benefit from our goods and services. We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods and services.
- We are committed to providing accessible invoices to all of our customers. For this reason, invoices will be provided in the following formats upon request: PDF, large print, e-mail or fax.
- We will answer any questions customers may have about the content of the invoice in person, by telephone or e-mail.
Use of service animals and support persons
- We are committed to welcoming people with disabilities who are companied by a service animal on the parts of our premises that are open to the public and other third parties.
- We will also ensure that all staff, volunteers and others dealing with the public are properly trained in how to interact with people with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal.
- We are committed to welcoming people with disabilities who are accompanied by a support person. Any person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to enter Alliance Pharmacy Group Inc premises with his or her support person. At no time will a person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person be prevented from having access to his or her support person while on our premises.
Notice of temporary disruption
Alliance Pharmacy Group Inc. will provide customers with notice in the event of a planned or unexpected disruption in the facilities or services usually used by people with disabilities. This notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, it’s anticipated duration and a description of alternative services, if available.
The notice will be placed at all public entrances on our premises, as well as on the company website.
The ultimate goal of Alliance Pharmacy Group Inc. is to meet and surpass customer expectations while service customers with disabilities. Comments on our services regarding how well those expectations are being met are welcome and appreciated. Feedback regarding the way Alliance Pharmacy Group Inc. provides goods and services to people with disabilities can be made by mail, e-mail, fax or via our website. All feedback will be directed to the Human Resources department. Customers can expect to hear back within five (5) business days. Complaints will be addressed according to complaint categories already established in our company's standard operating procedures.
Modifications to this or other policies
We are committed to developing customer service policies that respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Therefore, no changes will be made to this policy before considering the impact on people with disabilities. Any policy of Alliance Pharmacy Group Inc. that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
Questions about this policy
This policy exists to achieve service excellence to customers with disabilities. If anyone has a question about the policy, or if the purpose of a policy is not understood, an explanation should be provided by, or referred to, the human resources department of Alliance Pharmacy Group Inc. A copy of this policy is available upon request by contacting the human resources department. The policy document will provided in a format that takes into account a person's disability.